Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why I'm focusing on economics.

I think I should take some time to explain why I'm focusing on the economics news.

Firstly, the Economy is the thing that drives the world. It is the most important thing in the world. It gives us housing, food, and water. It keeps us warm. In free countries it should give us a smorgasbord of choice when it comes to decisions like "Which house should I rent?" and "Should I really eat fast food, or have a sandwich?"

Secondly, because the the most important mechanism for our prosperity is quickly becoming a quagmire of stagflation and evil, this is what the best stories are all about.

Thirdly, because I'm relatively certain who's fault this is, it's quickly becoming the main reason why I Donkey Vote.

If we weren't entering a depression right now, there'd be a million other things I could focus on. Australia is full of stupid laws, stupid regulations, stupider politicians, and mind-numbingly thick voters, all of them fodder for my pessimistic commentary, but the economy is much too important for me to ignore it.

So, if something monumentally stupid happens in the political world, I will do my best to cover it.

But until then, it's all Economics, sorry.

No comments:

 

blog counter